You may wonder if you are interested in hiring a private health insurance that complements the Social Security assistance
With a baby at home, visits to the doctor are frequent. During the first year you have to take him regularly to the pediatrician to review his evolution and, in passing, resolve the doubts that arise. In addition, we go quickly as soon as the baby gets sick, because it is so tiny that your health takes away your sleep. In the public health we have guaranteed the assistance during the 24 hours of the day, but some parents also choose to contract a private health insurance to complement the care.
The characteristics of a private health insurance are:
1. They offer a varied medical table and different assistance centers to choose the doctor and the schedule that best suits the needs of each person.
2. You can go to the specialist without having to go before the primary doctor.
3. By assisting the specialist without first going through the GP, the time needed to get a diagnosis is often reduced.
4. Admission is always in individual rooms.
BBVA health insurance In medical matters, get in good hands with the BBVA Health Insurance.
5. Some insurers have a 24-hour phone that can be called to answer questions and decide whether to go to the doctor or the hospital.
6. Some insurers offer personalized attention, for example: a nurse is called to the parents to remind them of the baby’s medical check-ups.
7. Some insurance include dental coverage or give the possibility to add it for a small extra. It can be interesting because oral treatments are usually expensive.
Before hiring a health insurance, it is advisable to be well informed about the coverages and possible co-payments to choose the modality that most interests
8. Many insurers have coverage outside of Spain, an interesting option if traveling abroad. In the European Union, Social Security covers the attention with the European Health Card , which is requested by appointment at the Social Security Information and Assistance Centers (CAISS), but outside Europe it is necessary to hire a private insurance .
9. Insurers usually have different types of contracts (with or without a franchise, with or without medical tests, etc.) so that the user can adjust the price of the insurance to their financial situation.